Today replication is very important to keep our environment high available.
The majority use it for as Disaster Recovery Solution or keep High available very important Servers.
As IT Pro when Replication failed must be resolve the issue as soon as possible to keep the Replication Server up to date.
You don't know when you will be need it
Today we troubleshoot an error in Replication of Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 that maybe face if you use it.
If you are use it as Backup solution In the past i wrote different articles for Veeam Backup & Replication that you can read
Now let's start
The infrastructure is:
- Windows Server 2012 R2 as HYPER-V Host
- Windows Server 2012 R2 with Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Version 9.5.0 1038
- Windows Server 2012 R2 as HYPER-V Host in Disaster Recovery Site
You get to your office in the morning. Open your emails and see an error from Veeam Backup & Replication
Failed to process replication task Error: Job failed (''RDS10_replica' failed to apply checkpoint. (Virtual machine ID 9BB0D628-E15C-4711-A980-86A02483E85A)'). Error code: '32768'.
Oh! What happened? Why my replication job failed.
Let's start to investigate
- First of all we check our production server if it keeps any checkpoint without Veeam deleted.
- It seems that our production server hasn't any checkpoint.
- Next we open Veeam Backup & Replication and go in History to search and found more details if exist.
- Nothing new here
- So we are going to open HYPERV Host which keep Replication Virtual Machiness
- As we can see something strange happened with Checkpoints in the specific Virtual Machine.
- For some reason Veeam Replica Working Snapshot not deleted from previous replication and this cause the error.
- One of the most common reasons to keep Veeam Replica Working Snapshot without deleted is the limitation of free space from the storage that keep the Replication Server.
- Delete manual the Veeam Replica Working Snapshot and try once again to run the Replication Job.
- No issue appear until the Job finish.
After my research in the internet I found different solutions for the specific error with the majority to related with Windows Server 2016.
If you have the same error but the article not resolve your issue find another one solution related with the same error in blog of Working HardIT.